The 26th AFB Conference will include a PhD Forum for advanced Finance Doctoral Students who are currently working on their dissertation.
The one day forum will offer 10 students the unique opportunity to present their papers and have their work discussed by distinguished members of the finance profession.
The students will also have the opportunity to receive feedback and comments related to their research work. Throughout the seminar, students will take valuable advice from leading scholars on issues such as career development and discuss recent developments in finance literature with fellow students and faculty members.
When: Monday, 16 December 2013
Where: Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
PhD Forum prizes
Prizes will be awarded for the top three papers presented at the PhD Forum.
- AUD $1500 will be awarded to the best paper presented at the forum
- AUD $1000 will be awarded to the second best paper presented at the forum
- AUD $500 will be awarded to the third best paper presented at the forum
How to submit a paper for the PhD Forum
Step 1. Complete the PhD nomination form (pdf) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Submit your paper to the PhD Forum via the SSRN website. Please ensure you select the 'PhD forum' as your topic area as well as at least one other topic area relevant to your paper
- Your submission will be confirmed by email once all submissions have been received
- If your paper is not selected, it will still be under consideration for inclusion in the conference
View detailed instructions on submitting your paper via SSRN.
The submission deadline is Monday 19 August 2013 (same as the AFBC conference.)
Delegates not presenting papers may register until the conference date.
Airfare and accommodation assistance for PhD candidates
There will be airfare and accommodation assistance of AUD $2000 for PhD candidates from Asia, Europe and North America (provided that their papers are accepted to be included into the PhD forum).