The 21st Australasian Finance and Banking Conference was held from 16 - 18 December, 2008 at the Shangri-La Hotel in Sydney. Thanks go to all sponsors, authors and conference attendees for contributing to the huge success of the event.
2008 prize winners
- Barclays Global Investors Australia Prize
Dr Fei Ding, Brokerage Commissions, Perquisites, and Delegated Portfolio Management
- BankScope Prize
Evan Gatev and Philip Strahan, Liquidity, Risk and Syndicate Structure
- Sirca Research Prize
Eliza Wu and Sirimon Treepongkaruna, Realizing the Impacts of Sovereign Ratings of Equity and Currency Markets during Finanical Crises: A high frequency evidence from a 'Pacific Rim'
- Australian Securities Exchange Prize
Robert Vermeulen, Michel Beine and Antonio Cosma, The Dark Side of Global Integration: Increasing Tail Dependence
You can download papers* from the 2008 conference via the SSRN website.
*Please note some authors choose not to make their paper public in the online proceedings, therefore you will not find every presented paper here. Papers are automatically posted in reverse order of the submission date. Please refer to related links for details.
- Mr John Lipsky, First Deputy Director of the IMF
- Prof. Florencio Lopez De-Silanes, EDHEC Business School
- Professor Stephen A. Ross, MIT Sloan School of Management
- Professor Anthony Saunders, Stern School of Business, New York University
- Professor Bruno Solnik -HEC School of Management
Forum topic: The Current Global Financial Crisis and its impact on New Capital Flows into the Asia-Pacific