The milestone 20th anniversary of the prestigous Australasian Finance & Banking Conference was held at the Shangri-La Hotel in Sydney on 12-14 December, 2007.
- Professor Stephen Brown, New York University: Mandatory Disclosure and Operational Risk: Evidence from Hedge Fund Registration
- Mr Takatoshi Kato, Deputy Managing Director of the IMF: Challenges and Opportunities from Financial Globalization for Fund Managers and Policy Makers in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Professor Jay Ritter, University of Florida: Security Analysts and Conflicts of Interest
- Professor Richard Roll, University of California: Options Trading Activity and Firm Valuation
On Wednesday December 12, the conference was officially opened by the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia, Mr Ric Battellino, as part of the business forum on Challenges and Opportunities of Funds Management in Australasia.
With the Asia-Pacific region playing an increasingly important role in the global economy, Australia is perfectly positioned to leverage its expertise and experience in seeking out opportunities in financial markets regionally and throughout the world.
The Forum brought together some of the leading practitioners in funds management with presentations by the following leading financial analysts
- Mr Brian Bissaker, CEO, Colonial First State Investment - The Challenges and Opportunities for Import/Export of Retail Financial Services to/from the Australian Marketplace
- Mr Paul Bolinowsy, CEO, UBS Global Assets Management Australia - Global Strategies for Local Marketing – Responding to the Challenges Created by our Industry’s Success
- Mr Ben Bruck, Head of Funds Management Macquarie Bank - The Asia-Pacific Funds Management Industry: Export Opportunities from Australia, and
- Dr Andries Terblanche, Chairman, Financial Services KPMG - Economic and Global Financial Risks for the Next Decade