Australian School of Business > Schools
PhD (Banking & Finance), UNSW
PhD (Business Law), Tilburg
PhD (Law), Leiden University
MS (Industrial Engineering), Columbia University
LLB (First Class Honours), UNSW
BCom (First Class Honours, University Medal), UNSW
Forthcoming and published papers
- Humphery-Jenner, M. (in press). “Takeover Defenses, Innovation, and Value Creation: Evidence from Acquisition Decisions”, Strategic Management Journal.
- Humphery-Jenner, M., & Suchard, J.-A. (in press). “Foreign VCs and the Internationalization of Entrepreneurial Companies: Evidence from China”, Journal of International Business Studies.
- Humphery-Jenner, M.L., (in press). “Diversification in Private Equity Funds: On Knowledge-Sharing, Risk-Aversion and Limited-Attention”, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- Humphery-Jenner, M., (2013). “Strong Financial Laws Without Strong Enforcement: Is Good Law Always Better than No Law?”, Journal of Empirical Legal Studies,10, 288-324.
- Humphery-Jenner, M., & Suchard, J.-A., (2013). “Foreign VCs and Venture Success: Evidence from China”, Journal of Corporate Finance, 21, 16-35.
- Dutt, T., & Humphery-Jenner, M., (2013). “Stock Return Volatility, Operating Performance and Stock Returns: International evidence on drivers of the 'low volatility' anomaly”, Journal of Banking and Finance, 35, 999-1017.
- Harford, J., Humphery-Jenner, M.L., & Powell, R.G., (2012). “The Sources of Value Destruction in Acquisitions by Entrenched Managers”, Journal of Financial Economics, 106, 247-261.
- Humphery-Jenner, M.L., (2012). “Private Equity Fund Size, Investment Size, and Value Creation” Review of Finance, 16, 799-835.
- Humphery-Jenner, M.L., (2012). “The impact of the EU takeover directive on takeover performance and empire building”, Journal of Corporate Finance, 18, 254-272.
- Humphery-Jenner, M.L., (2012). “Internal and External Discipline Following Securities Class Actions”, Journal of Financial Intermediation, 21, 151-179.
- Humphery-Jenner, M.L., & Powell, R.G., (2011). “Firm size, takeover profitability, and the effectiveness of the market for corporate control: Does the absence of anti-takeover provisions make a difference?” Journal of Corporate Finance, 17, 418-437.
- Humphery-Jenner, M.L., (2011). “Optimal VWAP Trading Under Noisy Conditions”, Journal of Banking and Finance, 35, 2319-2329.
- Corporate finance
- Venture capital and private equity
Prizes and awards
- Best Paper Prize: Financial Markets and Corporate Governance Conference (2013)
- Centre for International Finance and Regulation "Project: The Regulation and Impact of Non Traditional Rights Issues and Placements in Australia" (2013)
- AVCAL Private Equity & Venture Capital Research Prize (2012)
- Australian Postgraduate Award (2009-2012)
- UNSW Research Excellence Award (2009-2012)
- PRSS Travel Grant (2012)
- Best Paper Prize: Finance and Corporate Governance Conference (2011)
- AFA Travel Grant (2011)
- Empirical Legal Studies Travel Grant (2010)
- Dean's Award for Service (2010)
- Dean's Award for Academic Excellence (2008)
- CFA Scholarship (2008)
- Warwick Negus Scholarship (2006)
- UNSW Honours Scholarship (2006)
- Allens Arthur Robinson Prize (2005)
- NSW Bar Association Prize (2005)