Australian School of Business > Research > Centre for Applied Economic Research (CAER) > Research groups > Economic Theory Group
Economic Theory Group
The Economic Theory Group fosters research in new areas of Economic Theory and encourages cooperative investigations of new ideas. The current members of the group are engaged in research on market structure, strategy, trade, uncertainty, organisation, contracting and game theory.
The Economic Theory Group meets weekly to discuss recent advances in members' research or the research of others. We encourage the discussion of very preliminary ideas or the initial steps of a research project. PhD students are encouraged to routinely present various stages and aspects of their thesis research.
The Economic Theory Group has a monthly meeting with its affiliated members at the University of Sydney. The monthly meeting alternates between the two campuses. The members and affiliated members of the Economic Theory Group are also members of the Economic Design Network and are actively pursuing its goals.
The members of the Economic Theory Group are frequent participants in the Australian Economic Theory Workshop and the Australasian Meetings of the Econometric Society.
We welcome new members and we invite anyone to attend the workshops on a casual basis. If you would like to be added to our mailing list to receive announcements, please contact Arghya Ghosh.
The research interests of core members of the group are listed below.
- Chris Adam: International corporate finance, Financial strategy
- Simon Angus: Economic networks
- Gautam Bose: Development Economics and Microeconomic Theory
- Chongwoo Choe: Industrial organisation, Financial economics, Contract theory
- Arghya Ghosh: Industrial Organisation, International Trade
- Kieron Meagher: Organisation, Location Theory, Political Economy
- Hodada Morita: Industrial Organisation, Organisation
- Pierre Richard: Innovation and knowledge management, Corporate strategy
- William Schworm: Uncertainty, contracts, efficiency measurement
- Murali Agastya: Auctions, Learning in Games
- Oleksii Birulin: Auctions, Public Goods
- Nicolas De Roos: Dynamics, Industrial Organisation
- Andy McLennan: Game theory, Computation of Nash equilibria of noncooperative games
- Rohan Pitchford: Contract theory
- Robert Russell: Measurement and Index Number Theory, Technical efficiency and productivity
- Abhijit Sengupta: Game theory
- Kunal Sengupta: Development economics, game theory, social choice
- Vladimir Smirnov: Industrial Organisation, Game Theory, Mathematical Economics
- Shino Takayama: Financial Economics, Political Economy
- Andrew Wait: Industrial Organisation, Contract Theory