CAAR provides a focus for interdisciplinary research, in the areas of accounting, financial management and assurance services and, together with other relevant schools within UNSW and public and private sector parties, undertake the following:
- Initiate and conduct pure and applied research
- Form links with the accounting and related professions to identify emerging issues of concern or interest to the profession and thereby identify appropriate research subjects and sites
- Conduct research conferences
- Plan and conduct continuing education activities on emerging issues to attract participation from professionals, and senior level managers
- Carry out surveys for private and public sector organizations
- Provides staff training in such areas as financial statement audits, internal auditing, understanding financial statements, corporate governance, risk assessment, etc
At present the bulk of the Centre's research examines auditing and assurance issues.