Reaching the top levels of global business today demands excellence, critical thinking, exceptional knowledge, communication skills and cultural awareness. All of which the AGSM MBA program is designed to nurture.
Joining the AGSM MBA program
Joining the program is one of the most important decisions you can make, whether it is to further your current career, make a change or uncover new abilities in yourself.
For over 30 years our students have been accelerating their career and personal goals with an AGSM MBA. Those undertaking an AGSM MBA each year form an exceptionally talented group of students from different backgrounds, but with the common aims to learn, grow and succeed.
Once a part of this select community you’ll gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to set new directions in your life. Your career and salary will accelerate, you’ll have life-long learning opportunities and, through our powerful AGSM alumni association, you will become part of an influential global network of business leaders in 68 countries.
The AGSM MBA concentrates on helping you prepare for leadership roles in business and government. It’s about real-world learning that combines traditional classroom teaching with case studies and teamwork to develop management skills, encourage critical thinking and sharpen your decision-making ability.
You’ll learn from internationally recognised faculty with industry experience, you'll get management insights from current business leaders, and you'll benefit from the knowledge of your fellow students, many of whom have worked for global organisations.
The team-based activities in the AGSM MBA hone negotiation skills and emphasise the importance of working together co-operatively. And, of course, creativity and entrepreneurship are qualities that we are committed to encouraging.
But it doesn’t stop there. Your connection with AGSM MBA opens doors in Australia and the Asia Pacific region, through our career management service. The AGSM MBA also offers access to a powerful and influential alumni network that will serve you well throughout your career.
- You’ll be studying in Sydney - financial capital of Australia and gateway to Asia, the world’s fastest growing economic region
- You’ll study alongside the best and the brightest. The average Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) result in an AGSM classroom is 655, which means our classrooms are filled with the highest calibre students
- You’ll be taught by a globally renowned faculty that combines industry experience and active research agendas, with impressive teaching abilities
- You’ll be studying with a business school recognised by Forbes as the top business school in Australia and Asia and the 9th best non-US business school (Forbes Magazine, 2009)
- You’ll make powerful connections with international recruiters and corporations
- You can draw on the powerful global and business network of 10,000 alumni across 68 countries. One in five of our alumni are in VP positions or higher in their organisations
- You have access to our international exchange program with other leading business schools across the world
- Benefit from courses offered at our Hong Kong campus and through other UNSW postgraduate programs
- You’ll live in one of the best cities in the world – Sydney. The Kensington campus is five minutes from Coogee Beach and offers a vibrant lifestyle
Read more about why you should choose an AGSM MBA.