We understand the challenges faced by managers seeking to increase their academic qualifications and career prospects and have created a flexible, two-staged MBA (Executive) program that is part-time and yields immediate benefits in the workplace.
Benefits to match your interests
- High quality, research-driven, management education designed by leading faculty
- A comprehensive, self-contained learning package for each course
- Immediate relevance within each week’s work enabling you to apply new skills and concepts in your job setting, from the outset
- Shared wealth of experience among high-calibre participants and instructors
- The ability to attend classes in multiple locations with a synchronised timetable in six capital cities (there are classes in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth and Melbourne, as well at five locations in Sydney)
- Scope to balance weekly work, study and personal commitments by controlling the pace of your course enrolment and enabling you to defer sessions if necessary
- Access to our international exchange program with other leading business schools throughout the world
- Online access to all program information, including course materials, timetables and exam results
- Online access to thousands of academic and business journals through the UNSW Library
A practical focus
Throughout the MBA (Executive) program your own job provides the raw material that you apply to your assignments. Readings and class discussions provide the opportunity to reflect on your experiences in a structured way with assistance from others. New concepts emerge and can be implemented in course projects, as well as your workplace. This learning process is facilitated by academically qualified and highly experienced instructors.
A natural networking environment
The MBA (Executive) program offers a rich, collegiate style of learning in which like-minded people push their boundaries. Keen intellects, diverse backgrounds and contrasting professional skill sets contribute to a productive interchange of ideas that start with fresh and lively discussions in the classroom.
The emphasis is on clarifying and debating issues, transferring learning and sharing experiences with your class colleagues. Significant professional relationships form through close class contact, teamwork and residential learning.
Whilst we recognise that you are busy, we encourage you to take advantage of the activities and support networks available outside the classroom. Whether it is a student organised or alumni-based event, or a lecture given by a guest speaker, the activities on offer extend your networking opportunities and provide some enjoyment and relief from work and study.
A complete learning package
Course materials are created by faculty teaching on the program and are part of the valuable intellectual property which students benefit from during the program.
At the beginning of each course participants receive a comprehensive package of learning materials, enabling them to complete each week’s work at their own pace ahead of their class.
We understand that convenience and flexibility are important to ensure your limited time can be fully applied to learning. All additional readings, including journal articles, book chapters and case studies are incorporated within course materials, saving considerable time and effort.
Courses with the MBA (Executive) program typically have a leader drawn from within our faculty to ensure the highest academic standards are maintained.
Course leaders are responsible for creating the material used within each course and ensuring both rigour and relevance on an on-going basis.
Recognition of Prior Learning
AGSM MBA Programs recognises the prior professional learning of students in relation to mandated courses in the GDM phase of the AGSM MBA (Exec) program.
Find out more about Recognition of Prior Learning.