A global reputation for excellence
We’re ambitious, just as our students and staff expect us to be. So we’re working towards even higher standards of quality assurance with the following global accreditations.
Accreditation awarded in 2010 for a five year term
The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) aims to raise the standard of management education worldwide with this global quality assurance scheme.
It places the ASB in an exclusive group of the world’s leading business schools – only 139 of more than 10,000 business schools in the world have received EQUIS accreditation, and less than half of these for the five year term.
The intensive review highlighted our core strengths, including:
- Design and quality of our teaching programs
- High calibre of our students
- Staff performance appraisal, review and promotion processes
- High level of internationalisation and quality of our academic staff
- Quality of our professional staff and support
Learn more about EFMD and EQUIS
AACSB International accreditation
The ASB, in collaboration with the School of Business at UNSW Canberra, is now seeking accreditation by AACSB International. This not-for-profit body promotes the quality of business higher education internationally, and accreditation will demonstrate our focus on high quality education and continual improvement.
We have submitted our self-evaluation report, which ASB staff members can access through the intranet. The international Peer Review Team (PRT) will visit our campus in 2013. This PRT includes Professor Mike Page, Provost & Vice President, Academic Affairs, Bentley University (US), Professor Nicolas Mottis, Former Dean, ESSEC Business School Paris (France) and Professor Xiongwen Lu, Dean, School of Management, Fudan University (China).
Learn more about AACSB International
Why are we seeking accreditation?
International accreditation allows us to:
- Demonstrate the quality of our programs, to current and prospective students, employers, industry and other stakeholders around the world
- Show our commitment to better program, learning and teaching performance and outcomes
- Continually develop and improve through rigorous self-review
- Benchmark our school against international best practice, with constructive review team feedback
- Be part of a small group of high performing international business schools, working together to support education excellence around the world
- Provide more opportunities for staff to network and develop partnerships with peer institutions internationally, and participate in activities including conferences and workshops
Further information about our international accreditations
Senior Project Officer
Accreditation & Quality Assurance
Phone: +61 2 9385 6182